Earth Day rolls around every April 22nd and volunteering to clean up a local park on Earth Day is a great way to get some fresh air and explore the bounty of the natural world, but it isn’t the only option. Check out these 25 Unique Ways to Celebrate Earth Day and help protect our planet.
According to Wikipedia,
” Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network and celebrated in more than 193 countries each year.”
The following 25 Unique Ways to Celebrate Earth Day will help you figure out how you want to do to celebrate this special day.
- Walk, ride your bike, or carpool in order to get from place to place,
- Switching all of your bills to e-bills and online invoices
- Volunteer your time to organizations
- Encourage others to get in on the celebration
- Educate yourself on how to protect the environment
- Come up with a recycling plan
- Join a group that is focused on taking care of the environment
- Check Leaky Faucets
- Plant a Tree
- Go to a local Earth Day Event
- Stop drinking bottled water
- Install bird feeders & birdhouses, put in a bird bath, and more. By making it comfortable for them, they will be more likely to stick around.
- Plant your own garden.
- Install a Play Garden to help kids learn about the environment.
- Update the light bulbs in your home.
- Organize a community clean up or fair if there isn’t one.
- Adopt a highway.
- Work with your local school.
- Enjoy Nature – Go on a hike. Go to the park
- Make sure your workplace is environmentally friendly.
- Lower Temperature on Your Water Heater
- Financially support an environmentally friendly organization
- Encourage others to celebrate Earth Day
- Keep Reusable Shopping Bags in Your Car
- Have a No TV Day
Activities for Earth Day are simple to come up with, and every little bit of pro-Earth action counts. This year do something to give back to the planet that is our home, no matter how small or how simple.
We hope you have enjoyed our 25 unique ways to celebrate Earth Day! Contact us or Comment below and let us know your favorite Earth Day Activity!