Fathers are typically less interested in raising daughters just because they don’t have a clue on how to do it or where to begin. But fathers have been given a tremendous ability to influence the lives of their daughters, whether it be positive or negatively. We hope you see the importance of these 35 rules for dads of daughters.
RULES FOR DADS OF DAUGHTERS
1. Love her mom.
2. Pray for her daily,
3. It’s never too early to start teaching her about money.
4. Make pancakes in the shape of her age for breakfast on her birthday.
5. Always be there.
6. Buy her a glove and teach her to throw a baseball.
7. She will fight with her mother. Choose sides wisely.
8. Go ahead. Buy her those pearls.
9. Of course you look silly playing peek-a-boo. You should play anyway.
10. Today she’s walking down the driveway to get on the school bus. Tomorrow she’s going off to college. Don’t blink.
11. There will come a day when she asks for a puppy. Don’t over think it. Just say, “Yes.”
12. Save the day. She’ll grow up looking for a hero. It might as well be you.
13. Savor every moment you have together.
14. Buy her a pair of Chucks as soon as she starts walking. She won’t always want to wear matching shoes with her old man.
15. Dance with her.
16. Take her fishing.
17. Learn to say no.
18. Tell her she’s beautiful.
19. Teach her to change a flat.
20. Take her camping.
21. Let her hold the wheel.
22. She’s as smart as any boy. Make sure she knows that.
23. When she learns to give kisses, she will want to plant them all over your face. Encourage this practice.
24. She will eagerly await your return home from work in the evenings. Don’t be late.
25. Never miss her birthday.
26. Teach her to roller skate.
27. Somewhere between the time she turns three and her sixth birthday, the odds are good that she will ask you to marry her. Let her down gently.
28. She’ll probably want to crawl in bed with you after a nightmare. This is a good thing.
29. Few things in life are more comforting to a crying little girl than her father’s hand. Never forget this.
30. She might ask you to buy her a pony on her birthday. Unless you live on a farm, do not buy her a pony on her birthday. It’s OK to rent one though.
31. Let her know she can always come home.
32. Write her a handwritten letter every year on her birthday.
33. Learn to trust her.
34. When your teenage daughter is upset, learning when to engage and when to back off will add years to your life.
35. The dating day is coming soon. There’s nothing you can do to be ready for it. The sooner you accept this fact, the easier it will be.
We hope you enjoyed these 35 rules for dads of daughters! Are we missing something? Contact us or leave a comment with your favorite daddy daughter rule and we will add it to our list! Don’t forget to check our some of our other parenting posts before you leave.