I’ve decided to go is put together my list of the top 5 best workout programs for men. Can anyone guess what #1 is? You will probably be surprised!
Best Workout Programs for Men
(5) Insanity. Insanity is just that, insane. What is Insanity anyways? It’s a 60 day freakin’ INTENSE cardio program that involves a lot of jump training and intervals. However, the intervals aren’t like normal intervals where you have a short burst of exercise with a decent amount of rest, but rather long bursts of high intensity exercises with very short periods of rest. This is why it is #5 on my best workout programs for men.
(4) Asylum. It’s just a 30 day program, but this time it’s more sports focused and involves some weight training. Yeah, that’s right, us guys love to push weights around, and this program allows you to do SOME of that, but not a lot. It’s enough to help you maintain body mass while chiseling yourself with crazy insane and intense jump rope and jump training. Oh and there are quite a few ladder drills involved as well, so this may take you back to your high school or college sport days, if you took part of them of course. Asylum takes the #4 spot on my best workout programs for men.
(3) P90X2. Beachbody hired some of the best sports science guys to come in and help develop this program with Tony Horton, and it sure does take your athletic performance to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL! P90X2 contains a balance of cardio and resistance training, but it’s very intense and different stuff. A lot of the moves in the program focus on improving core strength, so you do a ton of balance exercises. What’s interesting is that you even do a lot of balance exercises while doing weight lifting, so you’re working a lot of muscles at the same time. After 90 days, your athletic performance should greatly improve! Oh and this isn’t a program for beginners. Make sure you are in great shape before attempting this one!
(2) P90X. P90X is a program that has a balance of cardio and resistance training, similar to P90X2, but not as tough. This is for people who are in OK shape and want to lose some weight and get ripped up. There is some jump training (plyometrics), weight lifting, and yes, (gulp) even some Yoga. Come on guys, you could suck it up for an hour a week, right? Anyways, P90X is an amazing program and in my opinion one of the best workouts for men!
(1) Body Beast. Body Beast is a mass gaining program that involves a LOT of weight training, but also comes with an excellent diet and supplement plan as well. If you don’t get stronger and gain mass after going through 90 days, you didn’t do something right! I ended up gaining about 15 lbs after my first round. This, my friends, is why Body Beast is ranked #1 in my best workout programs for men!
All of these programs ROCK, and I hope you found my list of best workout programs for men helpful. If not, oh well! If you have any questions about any of the programs, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org